The CDS student support team focuses on the whole child by addressing social-emotional, physical and intellectual wellness. We provide support for short-term social-emotional and academic concerns and collaborate with outside service providers to support long-term needs. In addition to supporting student wellness, counselors and learning specialists are here to support CDS families, faculty and the overall community. Please reach out to any of us and let us know how we can support you.
CDS Wellness Philosophy
School counselors and learning specialists at CDS believe all students can be successful. Our approach is proactive, preventative and developmentally differentiated. Through programs valuing connection, resiliency, diversity and mental health, the Wellness team provides an essential part of the CDS experience, helping to build a community to better the world.
Meet your Student Support Team
Forms and Policies
Carrollwood Day School is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and nondiscriminatory learning environment for all its students. These policies cover support from an academic and administrative perspective and also in situations related to students’ emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Student Welfare - Freedom from Bullying Policy (updated 12-9-2019)
- Students with Disabilities Policy (updated 3–7-2019)
- Non-Discrimination Policy & Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- CDS Gender Inclusivity Guidelines
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay: Dial 211 or 813-234-1234
- Children’s Crisis Center (Gracepoint): 813-272-2882, 2212 E Henry Ave, Tampa, Emergency services and evaluations 24/7
- St. Joseph’s Behavioral Health Center: 813-870-4300, 4918 N Habana Ave, Tampa, Emergency services and evaluations, M-F
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
- Mental Health IS Health - An interactive website with advice and actionable steps for almost any emotion you are experiencing
- Tampa Bay Crisis Center, Youth in Transition - hotline for teens to call anytime, 24/7
- JED Foundation’s Mental Health Resource Center - Get Help Now and more
- Seize the Awkward - how to talk about mental health
- Love is Louder - help dealing with stress and anxiety
- Half of Us - celebrity stories of mental health and more
- Press Pause -by JED and MTV, includes animated PSAs and an online hub with simple mindfulness techniques including breathing exercises, meditation, perspective checks, music and movement to deal with common stressors and challenges
- Heartspace - online resources for grief
- Tampa Family Health Care: low-cost health care
- The Life Center of the Suncoast / VOCA: Support for post-trauma and help through the grieving process
Learning Apps and Websites
- A few of our favorites can be found by clicking the link here.