Kindergarten School Day: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Preschool School Half-Day: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. [Toddlers & PreK 3]
Preschool Full-Day: 9:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. [Toddlers, PreK 3 & PreK 4]
Early Childhood Curriculum
In the earliest years of our Lower School, our goal is to provide the tools and opportunities to support children as they grow into independent, self-confident learners as they construct knowledge of their world. Our academic program uses developmentally appropriate practices that integrates the core subject areas and combines the components of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) to help children build their first steps in gaining an international education with good principles and attitudes and a positive sense of themselves and others.
Our early childhood program provides a warm environment that fosters each child’s natural curiosity, developing critical thinking and research skills that engenders a love of learning not only everyday but for a lifetime.
Early Childhood Goals
- to develop executive functioning skills to assist with taking the initiative in making choices and decisions and using time and energy effectively
- to develop self-discipline and the ability to identify, pursue, and complete self-chosen goals and tasks with originality and responsibility
- to develop the ability to work with other children and adults in group planning, cooperative efforts, and with shared leadership
- to openly inquire and develop knowledge of the physical world
- to develop comfort with physical movement
- to develop the ability to express thoughts, ideas and feelings; to speak about, dramatize, and represent experiences in order to communicate them to others
- to develop the ability to comprehend others' spoken, written, dramatic, and graphic representations
- to develop the ability to apply his or her reasoning abilities to a wide range of situations, using a variety of materials
- to develop creativity, initiative, spirit of inquiry, and openness to knowledge and other people's viewpoints
Below are key programs that support an enthusiasm for learning and help develop and achieve our goal of a balanced and strong foundation for lifelong learners.
- Conscious Discipline
- Responsive Classroom
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) with integration of core subject areas including science and social studies
- Language Arts - Being A Reader, Being A Writer, Making Meaning, Handwriting Without Tears (HWT)
- Physical Education