Florida Bright Futures
There are two basic Bright Futures Scholarship programs that are congruent with Carrollwood Day School students. The FAS (Florida Academic Scholarship: 100% tuition covered) and the FMS (Florida Medallion Scholarship: $158.00 per credit or approximately $4,740.00 per academic year-30 credits).
The requirements for both academic awards are as follows:
Florida Academic Scholarship
- Weighted HS GPA Minimum 3.5
- SAT/ACT Minimum 1290 SAT / 29 ACT
- Service Hours Required 100 (throughout grades 9-12)
- Award Amount 100% tuition / fees, $300 stipend in fall & spring ($211 / credit hour)
- Maintained GPA in College 3.0
Florida Medallion Scholarship
- Weighted HS GPA Minimum 3.0
- SAT/ACT Minimum 1170 SAT / 26 ACT
- Service Hours Required 75 (throughout grades 9-12)
- Award Amount $158/credit hour or $4,740 per year (30 credit hours ~ 75% tuition)
- Maintained GPA in College 2.75
Interesting Facts/ Exceptions
- FAS or FMS can be applied to a Florida 4-year public, private, or a 2-year community college.
- The same dollar amount applies to all.
- Academic (selected courses) will be met via required IB curriculum at CDS.
- Automatic qualifiers include:
- National Merit Finalists
- National Hispanic Merit Finalists
- students who earn a Cambridge AICE Diploma (Advanced International Certificate of Education)
- students who earn an IB Diploma
- students who graduate with the IB curriculum (with associated testing minimums 1290 / 29-FAS or 1170 / 26-FMS and service hours 100-FAS / 75-FMS).