15 CDS students in grades 3 - 12 entered projects in the Hillsborough Regional STEM Fair early March, with the majority being in elementary school!
7th grader, Swara P. received not only the special award for the junior/senior division but Best of Fair in the junior division for her project on "The Multinutrient Biofortification of Microgreens Using Cyanobacteria, Year 2." She also participated in the Ambassador program where she led VIPs through the STEM fair.
The Hillsborough Regional STEM Fair is one of the largest STEM Fairs in the Southeast, which showcases approximately 1,500 projects from the brightest K-12 Hillsborough students in more than 190 public, private, charter, home, and virtual schools. Through the rigor of preparing for and participating in the STEM fair, students apply the creativity and perseverance required for high-level achievement. The winners of the STEM fair qualify to continue on to state and national level competitions.
CDS is very proud of the hard work and ingenuity of all the students who participated in this year's STEM Fair. Thank you to Mrs. Carrie Prieto, MS science teacher, and Mrs. Lana Vargo, 3rd-grade teacher, who serve as sponsors of the MS/US and Elementary STEM Clubs for mentoring these students and guiding them through the ins and outs of the official science fair process.
- Swara P. ('27)
- "The Multinutrient Biofortification of Microgreens Using Cyanobacteria, Year 2"
- Best of Fair, Junior Division
- Special Award Junior & Senior Division
- Member of the Ambassador team responsible for leading VIP's
- Will represent CDS at the state level.
- Stefano H. (4th grade)
- "What Floats Your Boat?"
- Excellent Award
- Juliette D. (4th Grade)
- Superior Award
- Anshul S., Tanish A., and Adith B. (5th grade)
- Superior Award
- Sulayman H. and Gabe K. (5th grade)
- "Which Mask Prevents the Spread Best?"
- Outstanding Award
- Nikolaos G. (3rd grade)
- "How Buildings Can Survive Natural Disasters"
- Special Award - Lola Simon Chapter #33 Award
- Elar H. (3rd), Sai B. (3rd), Daniel C. (3rd), Shalen S. (3rd), Charlotte H. (5th), and Gabriella C. (5th) - received participation awards.